Interesting, Tough Week

27 11 2008

This has been an interesting past week for me. On Wednesday my computer decided to not let me into class, but has since let me into the recorded session (which it has never let me do). So, at least I was able to find out what went on in class on Wednesday.

On Saturday I decided that it was time for me to get all of my coursework done for all of my classes, so I spent about 12 hours straight, sitting at home and doing all of my work. It got to be about 10 at night when I decided that was enough for the day and I would finish everything else on Sunday.

Well, I woke up Sunday morning and went to turn on my computer. My computer decided that it no longer wanted to go on the internet and everything I typed into the address bar would come up with something saying that the address wasn’t valid. I thought this was rather interesting but realized that the computer had had enough of me (obviously) and this was it telling me not to keep fixing it. That was when I decided that I would do as I had been told by one tech and reset my laptop; I have now come to realize that this was not what I should have done. After I had reset the laptop, the mouse nor the keyboard worked anymore. I then decided well, maybe something just is turned off or something so I plugged in my external mouse (which worked). That was when I figured well, if the external mouse works, how about an external keyboard? So, I went to the store and bought an inexpensive Centrios keyboard, which I took home and plugged into my paperweight.The keyboard works as well.

So, lucky me. I now have a desktop computer (that only partially looks like a laptop) that gets too hot and has actually burned my couch 0_0

But I don’t even want to call it any form of computer because it has no programs on it (other than factory default) and it refuses to download any programs. So, that is why I call it my paperweight.

You’re probably thinking, sure that’s frustrating but not really interesting… so:

Saturday- I spent 12 hours on homework

Sunday- I spent 12 hours trying to fix a paperweight

Monday (oh Monday)- I got to school at 9am, where I quickly grabbed a computer and worked on homework for 2 and a half hours. Then I went to class, and continued to do homework (on paper) throughout the class. After class, I went back to the computer lab in Riddel and stayed at one computer until 2 in the morning doing homework. I got a lot accomplished so I am very proud of myself. I actually didn’t even realize that it was 2am to be honest. It wasn’t like I was the only one in the lab, however I was the only person that had remnants of lunch and supper as well as one empty coffee cup and what seemed like a million pieces of paper and jumpdrives all around them.

Tuesday- was actually fairly nice and easy, I spent the majority of my time playing music (which is always nice). I started the day off by going to my theatre class, followed by doing some work on the computer in the lab at Riddel (actually it was the same computer), then I went and taught a lesson. After the lesson was over I sped back to my house to drop off my car and walk over to the Lutheran Care Home (on 5th North) where The Bandits were having a concert. After the concert I ran back to my house and switched instruments and picked up my car and left for Martin (where Jazz Bandits was meeting). I was up until 1am trying to get a few more things done.

Wednesday (today)- I started off the day poorly by sleeping through my alarm, and managed to somehow get from sleeping at my house to Martin Collegiate in about 15 minutes. I’m still not sure how I managed to do this, but it was worth it. I spent a few hours there (I was supposed to be there at 9:30) watching the music teacher teach her classes and I learnt a lot (as I always do from talking to her). I was then late for a rehearsal with my theatre group so had to speed to the University where I still am (working on, again, the same computer). A bit later tonight I have to go and see the premiere of “Bonjour La Bonjour” and then I will be back (probably on this computer) writing my critique of the play. When I get home tonight, I will be phoning into Gcast and getting my podcast on to gcast as well as writing out the good copy of my new TEAP (for my transfer from music ed into arts ed). Tomorrow I have class and I will be taking my podcast from Gcast and putting it on my blog.

I have basically finished my final project for ECMP 355, which I am very excited about. Originally I was just going to do a powerpoint but I decided on something much different. It has taken me a bit of time and it still needs some tweeking, but once I am finished, I am sure it will be great. I have already been told by a few people (that I have got to check it) that it is really good, I just hope that I can make it even better. What is it you ask? Well, that would be telling đŸ˜‰ No, really, I do want to leave it as a bit of a surprise to all of you who are wondering, until it is actually ready to go.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: